Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cool in the Southland

I have been in Australia for a couple weeks but it rather cool. I have been blamed for bringing the cold temperatures here. It was minus 40 when I left Alaska and then warmed to above freezing. It was hot here and then I came and it has cooled.

The good news is the people have been wonderful and warm to me. I attended the wedding of Hendra and Miriam near Melbourne and now I am in New South Wales. It has been great to establish friendships and see new doors open.

Last night, I was with Leslie and Ruth at their home. They are an amazing couple and have a beautiful family. They have a heart to serve in Kusuri. I can see the gifting they have as they shared about the progress they have made in support and training. I also got to see Lodi, one of the key staff at Kusuri, for a couple hours. He is pure gold--he is learning about our culture and how different it is to live in a new culture.

I have a week left in Australia. Then the long trip home to the real cold of Alaska. If it begins to warm dramatically in Alaska when I arrive--I will begin to wonder.