Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Windows

Thirty years ago--we thought a window was an opening in a structure. Today the term "Windows" takes on a more technical definition. We are in a completely new world of communication and information acquisition. Then there are the new terms--booting--downloading--email--utilities--we have to learn how to use properly.

The youth cannot remember NOT having a computer. It is my generation that has lived in both worlds. I can see the value in both eras. I remember being told that the use of computers will free up more time. I think we could say that was a total failure.

My computer recently had a problem with the operating system. It resulted in a ten days in the computer repair shop. Fortunately, it was an easy fix. Yes--Windows was not working correctly. It had to be fixed and now I am back online. I have to say it does feel good to be connected again.