Sunday, April 19, 2009

Off The Road

I just got back home from a two week trip. I meet some new friends and made a number of contacts in familiar places. I put on a lot of miles over the two weeks. My first stop was Idaho--I went to college in Idaho and remember the beautiful springs they enjoy. It is windy but when the sun comes out it is hard to beat. I went to Nampa and Twin Falls. I am so blessed to have the contacts and friends in those places. There are a couple friends in Idaho that I know would stand with me in my toughest time. Washington is the place of my birth. I spent time driving up and down I-5. It is a rainy place but it was only sun while I was there. One of my dearest friends lives in Southwest Washington. We have known each other sine 1981. David is such an encouragement to me. He is an example of faithfulness and integrity. He is another one of those who I know would stand with me if I needed him. I also got to see two men I had not seen in over 20 years.

I am reminded of the rigors of travel and yet the blessings. I am out making contacts with our supporters and finding new ones. I have some rich friendships and lasting friends. It means a lot to me and makes these times away from home a lot better. When I left Alaska we had three feet of snow in out front yard and now it is around two feet deep. I have to say I did enjoy the green grass warm sun.