Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Tribute to Some Good People

IFC has been serving the people of Indonesia since 2001. In those years we have had many amazing people help us with support or by joining a short-term team. I want to give a tribute to a couple of these partners.

I met a rancher named Greg in Australia. I went to his home on the edge of the outback and had a cup of tea one afternoon. He reminded me of what we think about when we imagine an Australian rancher. He and I sat and spoke about the challenges the refugees were facing in the refugee camps in North Indonesia. We prayed together and then I got in the car to leave his place and he called me back into the house. He looked me in the eyes and said--I believe I need to help. He just wrote a check while telling me he wished he could give more. Greg has a tender heart and a quick response to compassion. I left there blessed to have met Greg and to see how he was so willing to help. Greg has been a long distant friend over these years.

I have another friend of mine who lives just a 30 minute drive from my home. Patrick is a very talented photographer and has a growing business. He has blessed me and the work of IFC from the first day we set out to make a difference in Indonesia. Patrick has made it possible for IFC to have a web-site, first class display and this blog. I admire his gentle spirit and the help he has been in so many ways. We also have common ground in that we both enjoy reading A.W. Tozer.

I am thankful for good people who have stood with us. Those standing with us stretch from the Australian Outback to the Alaska Wilderness--ranchers and photographers. We share one desire and that is to help the least and poorest (former refugees) in East Indonesia.