Monday, July 25, 2011

Travel

I just got back from a little more than a week of travels. My wife and I drove over 1,000 miles with no incidents. We felt fortunate to see such wonderful views on this trip. We went to Seward (Alaska) where we spoke to a wonderful group of new and old friends. We saw our dear friends, Al and Donna, where we stayed up playing games and just talking. It was like we had never been away at all--we just picked up where we left off. The fellowship was amazing.

We also stopped to see Dennis and Janae. I have known Dennis for over 30 years. We so enjoyed the time with them--we went to their lake house and did some fishing. Cathy was amazing--she caught several nice red salmon. Our friends mean so much to us and we treasure them.

Seward is a port city here in the far north. There were thousands of vacationers who came to catch a silver salmon or halibut. This is a place where the visitors out number the locals during fishing season. We met some of the locals and just had a wonderful time. I consider these times as special blessings. I get to talk about our efforts in Indonesia and at the same time I get to meet new friends and see old friends.