Saturday, April 30, 2011

Friends

I have been thinking recently about the amazing friends I have made in the last 10 years. I have been to some remote and far out places. I couldn't possibly name them on these lines but I have thought about many of them recently. There is a community a couple hours drive north of Sydney, Australia. Taree has become a destination for me when I am down under.

I do not remember who was the first Aussie I met there but I have made many friends in Taree. These amazing people have partnered with our work and have become dear to me. I am rich with the friends I have made in Taree and over the last years. I have taken 30 teams to Indonesia and always consider myself blessed to be with people who see that they can give to the poor.

I will drive next to the Hunter River again some day--I know because I have lots of friends there.