Friday, August 13, 2010

Jet Lag

It is 4 a.m. here at home. I am awake and am still on some other time zone. This is the plight of those who travel Internationally. I have flown a lot and still have the adjustment every time.

I have found that flying westward is easier than going eastward. I often fly to Singapore and then into Indonesia. I am usually ready to go on day one and have no sleep problems. Singapore is 17 hours ahead of the west coast of the U.S. If I sleep at least six hours on the flight to Singapore I am ready to go.

The return is a mystery to me--we land in the U.S. about the same time we leave Singapore. Yes--17 hours ahead of the U.S. the flights are about 17 hours from the Singapore to the U.S.

I am now awake and wondering how long it will take for me to get back to the U.S. time.