Monday, July 27, 2009

Computer Issues

I am sure all of you have had issues with your computer. We have a satellite connection for email use at our medical base in Indonesia. It has periodic problems with connection but they usually get worked out. Recently the software and modems had to be changed. This is not a simple fix. You cannot just run to the Comp USA store and get what you need. There are no computer geeks with the needed parts just laying around. The problem had to diagnose then the parts had to be shipped. It was about three weeks in the process. We are now up and running.

I had a major attack on my computer on Saturday. I shut it down and called my computer savior. He stated it was a bad one and he would even have to chance my computer's anti-virus protection. He told me even the most popular anti-virus protection have holes. That was not good news. It is shocking to me that there are malicious people who just love harming other peoples property. I am now in the waiting mood to get the word on my computer. We do depend on these devices. I do remember when the checker at the grocery store had to punch the price of each item by hand. I guess I have computer issues.