Friday, May 30, 2008

Memories

I just got home from a time in Idaho. It was a great time of sharing the work of IFC in Indonesia. It was also a time of stepping into the past. I spoke to a group and a woman came to me and said she had a picture of me from my college days. My wife and I went to a small private college in southern Idaho. I worked in the food service my entire time at school. My first job was to wash dishes and later I was given a job making cookies. I really liked that job and enjoyed the kitchen staff. Sometimes we would get an invitation to go to the kitchen staff's homes for a home cooked meal. The woman who said she had a picture of me was one of these wonderful kitchen staff that showed their kindness to some of us student staff. I looked at the photo and it brought back some great memories. It was taken 32 years ago--just before my wife and I were married. It is not often you get to see a reminder of your distant past. I was slim and had lots of hair--my how things have changed.